Fastcharger - New Bern - RED BEAR LOT

fcibot

Staff member
This thread is for discussion of the RED BEAR LOT fast charger

Provider: ChargePoint Network

Address: 113 Craven Street,New Bern,NC,28560

GPS: 35.103935,-77.039268

Stalls: 2(CCS [62]:2, CHAdeMO [62]:2)

Hours: Mon 12:00am - 12:00am; Tue 12:00am - 12:00am; Wed 12:00am - 12:00am; Thu 12:00am - 12:00am; Fri 12:00am - 12:00am; Sat 12:00am - 12:00am; Sun 12:00am - 12:00am

According to a Plugshare post, this station is due to come online in February. It's astonishing that it takes so long for these sites to come online from when construction is finished. Apparently it's been powered up since October '21, so what is the problem commissioning the site? And equipment has been onsite and installed since at least September '21. It would be very interesting to know what the holdup is and if there was a breakdown in the project management. Why not allocate the equipment and resources to other sites that could make use of them sooner, and then line up equipment acquisition and installation with whatever the bottleneck is.

Yes, I realize that there may be many players here new to the game. Obviously Tesla, and even Electrify America have been streamlining the process for quite some time, but since these are ChargePoint units, shouldn't ChargePoint have some experience with knowing what i's need dotting and t's crossed at this point?

This sit was updated on AFDC today and ChargePoint indicates the stations as "green" (although it still says Power Reduced). I can't remember if this is new or not, but I suspect that this site may actually be up and running now.

Back