fcibot

Staff member
This thread is for discussion of the Consumer Square fast charger

Provider: Electrify America

Address: 25 Consumer Square,Plattsburgh,NY,12901

GPS: 44.69449,-73.485506

Stalls: 4

Hours: 24 hours daily

This site was added to the AFDC database yesterday. While Electrify America does jump the gun a bit adding new sites to AFDC, they usually are open for business within a few days. I could not find information on power or connectors, so if someone is in the area and can investigate, let me know (and submit an update to the site).

This site is now live in the EA app.

It is a very strange configuration for Electrify America sites: 2 CHAdeMO connectors

Can anyone confirm this is actually the case (as well as confirming 3 150kW CCS and 1 350kW CCS)?

I received an anonymous change proposal for this site with the following updates:

350kW connectors from 1 to 2
150kW connectors from 3 to 4
Change provider from Electrify America to EVolveNY

In case the anonymous proposer reads this, I will offer an explanation as to why I will be rejecting all 3 proposals.

While it's technically true that this station does have two 350kW and four 150kW connectors, the ElectrifyAmerica stations have redundant connectors on the same station that are there only for convenience to support vehicles with different charge port locations. They are not actually simultaneously usable, so I don't count those as separate connectors.

As for the change from Electrify America to EVolveNY, while the site is sponsored by EVolveNY, the underlying network that manages the site is actually Electrify America. EVolveNY does not have its own network per se, but utilize other networks like EA, Greenlots and EVconnect to manage fast chargers in NY.

Back