No update for over a week now

Mockingbird

Fastcharger Editor
I am not sure what's going on, but there's no update to the site for over a week now.

I didn't realize that the site has to be updated manually; I thought it was (at least partially) done by a bot.

Now, I totally understand.

I have a bot that retrieves updates from the AFDC database, but I manually review each one and add supplemental information (such as Plugshare link, number and types of connectors, etc.)

And sorry, but after taking Thursday & Friday off for my volunteer activity and with only a week to go before we start dismantling our IT equipment, work has again gotten in the way so I didn't have time to do many updates today. There are 110 updates queued up, so I'll see if I can at least get to a few of them.

And right off the bat I get a tricky one!

In the AFDC database, ChargePoint likes to have a separate entry for each and every station, whereas I prefer to combine the individual stations into a single site (this is in line with Superchargers, as well as all other non-Tesla providers). So one of the first new stations on my list is a site in Austin, TX that has 8 stations (only shows 3 in Plugshare). Even more frustrating is that ChargePoint likes to delete their entries in AFDC, only to add them back a few days later with new numbers. So that means I have to process the removals, only to add them in a few days later. I don't actually remove them from my database unless I see evidence that the station has actually closed or is down, but I do go through the exercise of researching it and set a flag to indicate that there is no corresponding AFDC entry. And then when they show back up again, I need to go through the process of tying all the stations back to the single entry in my database.

Each charging network has its own quirk like this. EVgo, for example, likes to double count their stations that have two connectors. They'll count a single station with a CCS and a CHAdeMO connector as 2 stations, even though there is only one parking spot assigned to the station. I suppose they can be forgiven for this because AFDC uses the term "connector", not "station", but Electrify America doesn't do this even though their stations all have two connectors each.

I might be able to help out here and there, but I can't commit X hours per week or whatever it is.

Back