Chamberlain, SD

Mockingbird

Fastcharger Editor
956683.jpg
956684.jpg

Any indication/guesses as to what network this will be?

lpickup said:
Any indication/guesses as to what network this will be?

Well, that is what I was hoping that you can figure out.

I would guess Electrify America, but Chamberlain is not even shown as "coming soon" on Electrify America's map.

For what it's worth (and that may not be much since it doesn't appear that this county has an online building permit database), this site is located at:

Parcel: 29-322-01-0027
Address: 1960 E KING AVE, CHAMBERLAIN, SD, 57325-2101

Okay I think I'm finally caught up. This one has been added to the database.

I'm surprised to see 4 of the white power module cabinets for 6 chargers.
Good catch. Room for future expansion? Still, I would like to see them deploy them to sites that are waiting for them. Perhaps their logistics is just not flexible.

Also the fact that it is offset from the other 3 is strange. I would expect different packaging, but is it possible that this could be an onsite battery module?

There is a bit of movement on this site. It was added to AFDC today, although it was added with "temporarily closed" status. Usually EA adds these as OPEN several days (or sometimes weeks) before they actually go live, so the fact that they tagged it as closed might mean it's a little further out timewise, but at least they have put in an entry, so something is happening behind the scenes.

There is a bit of movement on this site. It was added to AFDC today, although it was added with "temporarily closed" status. Usually EA adds these as OPEN several days (or sometimes weeks) before they actually go live, so the fact that they tagged it as closed might mean it's a little further out timewise, but at least they have put in an entry, so something is happening behind the scenes.
That is strange.

That is strange.
Not necessarily strange. Other CPOs do that quite frequently when they are opening up a new site. There is no setting for "Construction" in AFDC, so what they do is put an entry in with a status of "T" which is defined as "Temporarily Unavailable". I suppose it is my interpretation to map that to "Temporary Closed" since that's how it's normally used, but it could be interpreted as "opening soon". So I wouldn't read too much more into that.

The only strange thing is that I've rarely (never?) seen Electrify America post their stations this way. They usually just post them as "E" (I don't know what "E" stands for, but it's defined as "Available") even prior to their being commissioned, and then usually 2-3 weeks later they become live. Honestly I will be happy if they start using this new convention because that means I should get a notification of when the site actually does go live when it transitions from "T" to "E", as opposed to my current technique which is to "snooze" the entry for a week or two and keep checking back (I also set a notification in the EA app which works pretty well most of the time, but not always).

Plugshare tag shows active site, ie removed "coming soon." Not showing on the EA app yet, and still "coming soon" on EA website map.

Pictures of live but "unavailable" chargers on 3 Oct.

EA app showing Chamberlain is live!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231019_111059_Electrify America.jpg
    Screenshot_20231019_111059_Electrify America.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 2
Back