New forum software coming soon

lpickup

Administrator
Staff member
I have decided to take the plunge and move over to a more user-friendly forum platform (XenForo). This is the same platform in use over at teslamotorsclub.com

I believe there is a way to migrate over from this platform to XenForo, but won't know for sure until I actually try it. I anticipate some hiccups in the process, and possibly some temporary loss of functionality (auto-opening of new threads for example).

My biggest concern will be mapping over the links to threads in the fastcharger.info database to new links in the new forum. I'll have to cross that bridge as well. Worst case I may have to re-create all threads that don't have posts, and then manually migrate over threads that do.

I anticipate that I will begin this process in the next week or two, so I wanted to give everyone a heads up.

Last edited:
Schweet, I finally got used to the latest TMC so that should be good, and it will make this board even more of a mirror for the Supercharge.info/Tesla Motors Club arrangement. Hope you're making money with this.

It took me longer than expected to get around to this, but I have finally gotten the new forum software installed, running, and imported the existing database over. It actually went fairly smoothly.

I would like to remap all links over to the new system ASAP, as any posts created now using the old (this) site will not be reflected in what I have mapped over (unless I re-import). I am looking for a few of you to test the new system to make sure it is working for you. You can access the new site here:

Let me know if you have any trouble logging in and/or reading posts there. If all is good, I will begin automatically redirecting traffic from the old site to the new site. I would like to do this in the next day or two so I don't have to manually re-post/import any posts.

Please post here and/or in the corresponding thread in the new forum (I will manually copy this post over).

Thanks!

Funny that the first post in this thread didn't actually come through! In my spot checks, it looks like everything else has come over okay!

I continue to find examples of messages that didn't transfer over properly (including the first post in this thread, which I have just edited to put back the original). I can't really find a common thread (no pun intended) in the posts that didn't migrate over, but if you happen to notice any missing posts, let me know and I will try to restore them.

Back